Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Invention of Lying

::WARNING:: Strongly opinionated/kinda mushy post

WORST MOVIE EVER!! In my humble but LOUD opinion, don't see this movie! It was totally offensive and so awful. We couldn't even finish it! What a horrible message to send to the world. It makes me nervous for my children. They will have to deal with such powerful temptations and listen to garbage and have to decide for themselves what is true and what isn't. My only comfort is that Johnny and I have the tools to teach them what is right and about the gospel. To instill in them our strong beliefs about Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. I have always been so afraid to let anyone know my true beliefs for fear of not being accepted. Watching part of this movie, it's like something sparked in me. I NEED people...(my family, CHILDREN, myself) to know that is what I believe and I make constant efforts to live my life in accordance with that. I can only pray that my children will be on the other side, strong in their beliefs in the gospel and strive daily to do what is right. I love my children so much, words can't explain. I want them to grow up knowing and never doubting their beliefs in our religion, because I did. I had a lot of doubts and disbelief. It was difficult and unsettling. I want their lives to be more grounded than mine because they will have something strong to hold on to, always.
I'm not sure where this came from. But because I use this blog as a journal for my children to have one day, I want them to know this. NEVER stray kiddies. Real steep hills await you there. Trust me! Mom knows best!

3 comments:

Tara said...

this is me clicking the "like" button!

Sabrina said...

I love this post alli! It makes me want to go to chruch! Mia and shane have great examples to guide them, and your doing a great job!

"The Aimonites" said...

I love your heart and your love for your babes. You are sincere and unconditional and your children are lucky to have you. Cooking is also my second love after my kids. keep it up