Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Johnny got me...Valentine blanket, weights, (I've been using cans of soup...hell) super huge exercise ball...it's probably more for him, but I like it too! And these dice that say rub my back on them. I ask for back rubs all the time! HA!
My favorite color is purple so he came home with these flowers for me and that balloon in the other picture.
I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!
Johnny and I decided, like ALL holidays to celebrate a little early. My parents took Mia and Johnny's took Shane for a sleepover on Friday so we could have a special date. Johnny took me on a surprise date to Salish Lodge (our honeymoon spot) for dinner. Our meal was incredibly delicious. I'm counting the days until I can return there! First course: Johnny had some prawns served on this really yummy potato puree. I had a Washington Apple and Hazelnut Bisque. They brought out my bowl with 3 dots of balsamic vinegar, Parmesan cheese, and some sort of cream, and in the center was a potato puree with greens on it; they brought out a cute little tin with steam coming out of it and poured the apple hazelnut bisque over the bowl. It was incredible. The smell itself made me want to lick the air. AMAZING. Main course: We both had 'Beef of Tenderloin' as they called it. Served with vegetables and the best potatoes you will ever eat in your lives. Ever heard of the dessert Better Than Sex? That's what this dinner was! Every single part of it. Even their bread and butter was delicious...the butter had sea salt on it. YUM! Dessert was an orange creamsicle served with ice cream, whipped cream, an amaretto cookie and an herb sea foam. So good!! If you ever have a chance to go there, DO! You will not be disappointed.
After dinner we came home and changed into some sweats, went to Target so Johnny could buy me the watch that I had been wanting and then went and saw The Dilemma...with Vince Vaughn and Kevin James. We loved it. The fight scene made the movie for us. Hilarious!
I got to sleep in the next day while Johnny cooked me some bacon, eggs and toast. He makes the best breakfast.
It was such a great Valentine celebration. It made me all giddy like I was when we were dating. I will remember this forever. Johnny is a romantic at heart and out did himself this year for me. I don't require much so this date was perfect for me!
I didn't get any pictures of Johny's gifts, but I got him some reversible basketball jerseys, a duffle bag for all his basketball stuff and I washed and cleaned out his car for him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can I just say I am just jealous you all got a night with no kids. The last time that happened for us was when Hailey was probably 2. We missed the kids so much we headed back home at about 7 a.m. the next day. Four years later--- I think I could go a few more days. :) Such a fun get away for you guys... and dinner sounded amazing.