Monday, September 20, 2010

A Lot Has Happened

The Dora doll she HAD to have

Do the Puyallup!


She's crying if you can't tell




Not quite sure what to think yet


And then it started and she loved it!



She's really in to lining things up right now

She loves hanging in Shane's car seat

Newborn pics


3 weeks old


Pigtails! Finally!


I played a pickup game and they wore pink for their jerseys. Who wears pink for any sport? Gay.


Shane's Blessing Day and my birthday

Chelan baby!

Since my last post. I gave birth to our studly baby boy in June. Shane Russell was 9lbs. 3oz. 21 1/4 inches long. He had jet black hair and lots of it! He has huge hands and a long body. He is now 3 1/2 months old and a joy in our home. He has rolled over 4 times and is starting to scoot on his tummy. He is a very large boy and does not look like a 3 month old. We love him so much and are super blessed to have him in our family!
Mia is almost 2 years old!! I can't believe how big she's gotten in size and maturity. Her personality is growing like crazy and it's so fun to be with her all the time...most of the time. :) She has recently started talking and she is quite the chatter box. She has learned how to climb out of her crib, well I guess it's more like drop out of her crib. She's never been very light on her feet. I love her more everyday and love watching her change and grow and explore. She is definitely an explorer!
I have recovered from Shane's birth well. I have 15 pounds to go and now that I've realized that, I'm going to start doing something about it!!! Paula Abdul, you and I are going to be real good buds for a while starting at 6am tomorrow morning! Oh yes, it will happen because I said it publicly and I know someone will ask me if I did it! Probably Johnny! Ha! Having 2 kids is pretty crazy sometimes but I think I have finally mastered how to divide my attention according to my kids' needs. Every once in awhile days will go by and I'll think to myself 'what just happened the last few days?' No answers come to mind. Yikes, right? I look at my house and wonder if a tornado hit while I was sleeping. Seriously looks like a bomb went off sometimes. Luckily I have a husband helps out around the house a lot! And yes, I am getting better, but just so you know, 2 kids=50 messes, 1 toddler=10 messes an hour alone! Freak!! I love being a mom to Mia and Shane and a wife to Johnny. I have no time to myself and can't go a day without getting spit up on, jumped on, laughed at, cried at, whined at (Johnny ;)!), teased with, played with, hugged, kissed, told no, called mom, asked to sing Itsy Bitsy Spider, cleaning, making food, making bottles, cuddling, wrestling, giggling, CHANGING DIAPERS, holding hands, refereeing Mia and Shane's interactions, rocking Shane, praying for patience!! and LOVING THE CRAP OUT OF MY FAMILY AND MY LIFE!!!!!
Johnny has been working like crazy. He is so busy right now that he suggested I take a vacation to Texas for a few weeks to hang with my sister. Ha! I know, you don't believe me if you know Johnny, but it happened! He is really stepping up with our new addition, which brings more $$$ and providing for me and our kids. We are playing in a co-ed softball league and we love it. We have so much fun with it! He has been playing basketball and keeping up with 3 fantasy football leagues. That is super serious in our house and not to be made light of...fantasy football.
Johnny has all the pictures of Shane because I lost my camera for a bit after he was born. We're not bad people, we take pictures of Shane too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love the update!! I am considering getting on facebook just to see what your kids look like. Mia has some super long legs!! I bet she would tower of my munchkin Chloe. Love the update- glad things are going well for you guys. Have fun in Texas!! Can't wait to hear about it all.

Kylee Brown said...

FIrst of all, I LOVE all the pics of mia and Shane. Cutest kids ever!! And second...Paula Abdul's workout is the best ever! Great memories doing that workout tape with you! I still remember all of the dances :)

Karen said...

I love you Alli! That whole post just made me laugh. You are hilarious and so honest. I need to see you before you leave for Texas. I guess that means I need to text you back...

fREnCh TrOSt said...

Hi Alli! Your family is so cute! The advent calander is easy to make, but it was kinda time consuming. I had Kevin make the metal board, but you can find those at craft stores. The boxes can also be found at craft stores too, they are just little cardboard ones. I painted mine and then decorated them with scrapbook stuff/numbers and then topped with modpodge. Then you just glue magnets on the back and you're good to go! The one I copied can be found here http://keithandlynsiwilsonfamily.blogspot.com/2009/09/last-c-h-r-i-s-t-m-s-i-was-looking-all.html
It's so fun to have!