Monday, April 26, 2010

Catch Up

Don't judge me! I'm pregnant and I'm not super...here are some things that have happened in the last few months. One including a surprise shower that my mom and sister threw for me a few weeks ago. Can you believe I didn't get one picture. I'm super bugged about it. Let me describe to you, in detail, the event and those leading up to it!
Thursday: The day after my dad's birthday...Johnny and my dad had plans for an awesome craw fish boil. (a gift from my oldest sister Tara) None of us girls were going to eat that so it was just the two of them. We were going to play rock band and hang all night. That was the plan! Thursday afternoon, mom calls and says, "bad news, the craw fish won't be here until tomorrow, but dad wants to go to Claim Jumper tonight for his birthday celebration and you guys can come over tomorrow for the craw fish boil. (i made dad a carrot cake, his favorite, that day and I couldn't wait a day or it would be gross) so we were forced to go. I was hesitant because my dad had been on vacation all week and I had been there every day that week and I was getting tired of the drive and my house was slowly being neglected of some serious cleaning. My daughter had been strung out because bedtime was no longer 8:30...it had turned into 11 and 12 all week! Yikes. Again, don't judge! :) So I broke the news to Johnny and he was devastated! He wanted his boil. He hadn't eaten all day to prepare for his feast with my dad. (yeah, devastated my butt!...just wait) The day was dragging on and I was getting bored so I called my mom and asked if we could come over earlier to play rock band, (i'm super good at the drums!) and she told me "let me talk to dad!" I was super bummed. I'm pregnant and I cried. I was so hurt that she wouldn't just say "heck yes!" Like she usually does. It was devastating! So I go cry to Johnny and he tells me not to worry about it because he had a lot of work to do before we could leave anyway.
We're on our way and mom tells me to meet us at Claim Jumper and I told her I would drop the cake off at the house and then be right there. She was a little weird about it but I didn't think too much about it. We pull into the driveway and Johnny was like. "i'll take it in!" Weird because I usually do the running in of things. I told him no because if the kitchen was to warm I would need to put it by the window so the frosting wouldn't melt and he was VERY persistent, so I went with it.
Dad met Johnny at the door and took the cake. He had his JACKET ON! I rolled down the window and he said "cami just woke up so we'll be right behind you." I thought how silly for us to take 3 cars since Carly and mom were already there so I said "why don't you just hop in with us?" and Johnny practically yelled at me saying "NO! Let them do their thing!" Insert almost crying for the second time that day...harsh Johnny. Dad quickly replied and said "i just want to take my truck."
So we left. One of us feeling very ganged up on and a little sensitive about being yelled at by her husband. I just kept thinking it was so uncalled for. HA!
We got to Claim Jumper and Carly was in the lobby. "We're sitting back here, come on."
As we're walking back all I can see is mom's little head bobbling back and forth peering at me. As we walk a little further, I see two empty tables, thinking we're obviously sitting there, and a huge table with a bunch of people and all I could think was how oddly close my mother was standing to them. I didn't even look at the table but I saw my mom's face with a huge grin and then "SURPRISE!"
I looked at the people that my mom was standing too close to and they were all my friends! My mom slowly moves to the side and behind her sat my oldest sister Tara and her son Tyson who live in Texas!!!!! She came all the way just for my surprise baby shower. I immediately started crying and hugged my sisters and mom for the start to what I knew was going to be a PERFECT evening. And it was!
We had dessert and gifts and lots of conversation. It was better than anything I could have thought up in my head! Thank you mom and Carly for putting on such a perfect shower. Thank you Tara for making it even more perfect by being there!

Now to the pictures...

Driving home from Oregon...We went to see Johnny's grandma in Eugene and stopped to see a client of ours in Portland.

We went to a pizza place and they had a play area. Super fun for Mia. I was freaking out the whole time thinking how dirty it was! I know, I'm no fun!

She loved it though.

Grandma took Mia and "Chuck" shopping at Penny's blowout sale. She needed a break from walking...more like we needed a break from chasing her down! Haha!

Mia and Great Grandma Val


Karen and I got together for a play date with our girls last week. Her little Maddie is SO freakin darling!

Mia and dad getting ready to for the MS walk

Mia and gramps throwing rocks into the water

She was ready to walk right into that water

She loves to swing these days

Clean and sparkling after her bath

Uncle Blake came to visit and Mia fell in love with him instantly!

Back rub from dad...mom needs to be in that spot!

Yard work with dad

She wouldn't let him do anything! She had to be right there! It was awesome to watch! Haha!

I tried to put her hair into a ponytail. She has a freaking mullet and I hate it!

Cheese! With breakfast all over her face! (Oranges)

3 comments:

Tara said...

I really did make the whole thing super special!! :)

Karen said...

Cute post Alli! I love that your mom and Carly threw you a surprise shower. So sweet. Oh and by the way, Madison keeps asking when we are going to the park again. I know! Amazing for a girl that can't talk. hahaha!

Sabrina said...

how fun! I wish i would of been invited, oh well. I have a gift for you that you would of got, had i been invited. So now i will just send it!